Background Script

Thursday 14 August 2014

Fresh Face

Dear You,

This is just a quick note because I wanted to show you how I typically do my makeup in the mornings. If I'm in a rush, I don't usually do any eyeshadow, but just add a couple of extra coats of mascara and run out the door. I also don't typically remember to re-apply whatever lip product I've put on in the morning as the day wears on, so by the time I get to my lunch break, it's usually completely gone.

Please remember that I never once claimed to be a professional beauty... person. I am not that at all. I just like pretty things.

Anyway, as promised -- pictures!



I don't tend to like how a lot of really bright colours look on me, so I stay away from vibrantly coloured eyeshadows, and stick to more neutral tones. If I'm looking to branch out of my neutral tone comfort-zone, I'll wear a bright lip colour, because as we all know, it never lasts very long anyway.


I must say I am really enjoying having a camera in the house that is a bit higher in quality -- these pictures, which were actually "selfies" -- came out way better than I anticipated, and exponentially better than they would have with my little point-and-shoot. I'm hoping to keep doing these kinds of posts as my makeup routine changes through the seasons, and as the needs of my skin change... as long as you still want to read them!

Lovingly yours,

- A.

No comments:

Post a Comment